To add media such as a video into a page, you should first upload it to a video hosting service such as YouTube or Vimeo. This means they will take care of everything involved in insuring the video will play on a wide range of devices such as computers, tablets & mobile devices.
YouTube allows you to mark a video as Unlisted so that it will not appear on YouTube.com search results etc. Also adverts will not be displayed on your video unless you enable that option from within YouTube.
This feature isn't just limited to video, you can also embed Flickr slideshows and other embeddable widgets this way, if they support the 'oEmbed' standard.
You can upload your video to one of the supported media services (many of the services that support oEmbed protocol can be handled in this way):
Insert Media via URL
- Upload your media to a hosting service.
- While viewing your video, copy the full URL of the page, by selecting the full address at the top of your browser or right click and copy the URL.
- While editing a pages content, position your cursor where you'd like the video to appear.
- Click the button Insert media from URL which is shown as a media icon in the HTML editor.
- Paste the full URL of your video into the empty field.
- Click the button Add media.
- You can edit the following specifications for your video:
- Click the button Insert media.
- Click the button Publish to make your changes live.
To edit the embedded media further, select the media in the HTML editor and click the button Insert media from URL.